Saturday, July 21, 2012

and now a smattering of words..

hello. good morning. i must say that i as i write this post i find myself hoping that the words just continue to flow. Im not in the most creative/artsy state. my husband actually recommended that i blog this morning, or more suggested that i dabble in things that refresh my heart. so here i am, not by my own accord but his. i have wanted to come and sit and write, but i have found every excuse not to. not because i don't enjoy this and not because i find myself doing so many more "meaningful" things but because i have let the random "spilled milk" keep me away. now the humor in this is that about a week ago i updated my blog and informed you that i was back from my blogging slumber refreshed and ready to go, and here i am. discouraged. overwhelmed. grumpy. 

don't get me wrong i love my life-i love being a mom to everly-i love being a wife to wes-and i love the community i am in. but somehow in the midst of all of this i find myself down due to some circumstantial things. i don't want this to be my own personal pep talk but i desire for this to be a beautiful reminder. i am reading a book that is opening the eyes of my soul to the many ways that god loves us. i say opening the eyes of my soul because that is the only way that i can understand how to see god in the midst of everything. in the midst of little money i can grow to know that provision from god is more than money. in the midst of a screaming baby in the car, i am learning to accept god's grace when i bark in response. when my husband asks a question and i hastily assume he means one thing, i am humbled by my inclination to offense but god's nature of patience in the midst.

so i am here faced with my many failures but god's love that grounds me. and will continue to. thanks for reading. happy saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Jo! I hope writing is cathartic for you. I'd love to know how things are settling in in more detail. You are missed and your baby girl is adorable and precious!

    ReplyDelete