Friday, February 18, 2011

rest.

I am looking forward to a weekend full of relaxation. The funny thing about wanting a relaxing weekend is that it doesn’t always happen. You know? Like you have these lofty plans of doing “nothing” in efforts to restore and refocus, and then the weekend feels like it flies by and although you didn’t “do” anything, you return to work Monday feeling drained as ever? Do you know what I mean? I am starting to read the book The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan, and I am excited to learn about what the Sabbath was truly intended to look like. It seems counter cultural to have a day where you make a point to simply rest, but I am positive that this rat race is not the way God intended life to be. I am challenged to discover what genuine rest looks like, not just vegg’n on the couch all weekend-although I do enjoy couch timeJ

Anyway, just a quick thought I was having this afternoon.. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment