Wednesday, May 4, 2011

a smattering of photos.

I wanted to share some photos with you of the last couple of weeks for Wes and I. It has been packed, but we have made some really great memories.



So here is our 20 week ultra sound picture of our little peanut! We were so excited for this ultrasound, not only to find out that she is a girl, but because we hadn’t had one since 8 weeks. At 8 weeks the little lady still looked like a gummy bear, so to see her head and a little nose and arms and feet kicking was just beyond incredible. Wes and I always get so emotional when we are able to see whats going
on with the little one. Our Doctor told us that she is growing at a very healthy rate and that she seems to be doing great.


And here is a blurry shot of the belly at 21 weeks. I will post some more recent ones of 23-24 weeks, but until then..btw i am wearing a white 'snug' and let me tell you ladies, these tanks are amazing. comfy, supportive and reasonably priced..
Wes, Jodie, my sister, and I went to Boulder after dropping my parents off at the airport and enjoyed a brisk day in this lovely location. Boulder reminds me of growing up in Vermont, so I am super fond of it. The tulips were incredible and the time with Wes and Jod was filled with much laughter, after having a tearful goodbye with our parents.
My Mom, Sis, and Dad at a favorite local pub. They have incredible fish and chips and their sweet potato fries are delicious. Mom and Dad came in from Austin on Saturday and were able to hang with us until the following Wednesday. Its always a pleasure to have them come, and some exciting news is that this trip doubled as a house-hunting extravaganza! They are planning on moving out here in late August of this year! We are excited that our little one will have both grandparents in the same city and Wes and I look forward to having family around for our first time parenting endeavor.
Mama and Daddy again..cute, sweet and some of my best friends..
Just a quick shot in my parents hotel of me with the “secret cannolis”. We had delivered a sealed envelope, in which our ultrasound tech wrote if our baby was a boy or a girl, to Whole Foods a day before we picked up the preordered cannolis. Wes and I looked away during that portion of the ultrasound, and once we had the envelope we went immediately to Whole Foods to deliver it to the bakery. We had given them instructions on either filling one cannoli with bluberries, for a boy, or raspberries, for a girl. We must not have clarified because when we all gathered around that kitchen that evening to “discover” what our baby was, not one but all the cannolis were filled with raspberries!! It was super exciting, much screaming and laughter filled the air. A raspberry, I mean a girl!!

And last but certainly not least, a picture of my love. During the crazy last couple of weeks he has not only been Mr. Social with hosting my family, but was apart of numerous beautiful Easter productions that required much energy on his part, and he has maintained a busy workload, helped me clean our apartment to “we are hosting” standards, been patient with my random moods swings, and done all with a dashing smile. Seriously Wes, you deserve an award for being so great.

So with some pictures shared, some updates given and a relaxing evening ahead, I must retire. Until we meet again, its been a pleasure..

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. Thank you for sharing a piece of your life. You look so beautiful with your showing bump; these pictures make me miss your parents and Jodie; and congrats....again. =)

    ReplyDelete