Tuesday, March 15, 2011

an avocado equals four months in lil' peanuts world!!


Happy 4 months little one! I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have made it into my 2nd trimester and to know that this little one has been growing and forming like crazy! Total miracle and so humbling to be “a mobile home” for 9 months ..
I know that in my last post I raved about how much energy I had had in the mornings, but something about the spring ahead time change and this week makes me feel like I am back to not being crazy about mornings. What is funny is that it has affected both Wes and I this time, we both seem to suck every hour and minute of sleep dry. Anyway, trying to jump back into morning walks as to tell our bodies that morning is something we welcome, not vice versa.

Nevertheless, I still feel great. My updates are as follows:

Clothing: definitely. Tight. The top button on my pants stays buttoned until about 10 am at my desk and then I am over it. I am not a fan of clothing that digs, cuts or squinches into my skin. No thank you! I really look forward to my yoga pants and tom’s at the end of the day, and any other non-squinching articles of clothing. Wes has helped me with some outfits, as clothing a bump is not as easy as I thought, I must admit. So to all those cute dressing preggo mom’s, you get it done!!!

Cravings: Wes always laughs when people ask if I have cravings. I have this kind of doe eyed look, and shake my head no. He laughs the kind of laugh that’s like, “ooh my gosh, if you knew what she craved and how she squirms on the floor at the grocery in front of the jelly beans, than you would just know that she HAS cravings”. Its that kind of laugh. At first, I would get embarrassed and ask him if I really did that and he would assure me that no I didn’t, but that he just likes being a preggo’s husband and experiencing these kind of things. But now, I will admit that DO I almost squirm on the floor in front of the jelly bean rack, and I have to admit I tried like 30 different flavors of Jelly Belly jelly beans at Target the other day. That’s right, I just sampled, didn’t buy any. Not my proudest moment. And actually I’m thinking about buying like a pound of Jelly Belly’s and then going out to the trash can outside and like dumping half of them away, just to repay Target. Although, that doesn't really repay Target at all, nice idea Jo.

Mood Swings: Well, I am passionate person on the normal day, and I have always loved justice. (although my Target confession doesn’t line up) But now since I’ve been pregnant I am both passionate and a lover of justice, and its like I have an umph in my step, ooh yeah and I’m not quite as embarrassed to stick up for what I think is right. Sometimes this is a great thing, like when a kid is getting bullied and a sweet interception happens. But not when its during our work’s Monday morning prayer time. I am not kidding, last week I was on a soap box on more than one thing, none of which were prayer requests-trust me! I felt like I was having an outer body experience where I was just sitting watching myself defend “my soap box issues”, and I was unable to stop myself from saying anything! Its like I was in shock at this preggo Jo’s inability to just shut her mouth! OMG! I practically climbed under my desk after apologizing to my colleagues for my defensiveness, and just tried to fall asleep so the day would go by faster. Although I didn’t fall asleep, or climb under my desk for that matter, I realized that being pregnant makes me like a super hero with fire balls flying out of the soles of her shoes and a mouth that can’t be tamed. Jesus, help.

So, there is my update. More to come. Thanks for reading..


Oooh by the way, the picture above is taken in our dining room with that awesome mauvey-hunter greeny fabulous swirly wallpaper. Enjoy, take it in. That's why I am wearing a monochromatic-ish outfit.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jo, you are totally cute! And you are totally "normal" with all the prego craving,mood swings,and clothing thing,... seriously.
    So, when I was pregnant I ate a banana in the store (which I hadn't paid for)BUT when I got to the cash register, I had my banana peel ready , in hand (how silly is that?!?!) to show the cashier and pay for it...let me just say that (she didn't choose her words correctly,or maybe I didn't hear her correctly) nonetheless, in a matter of seconds there was tears in my eyes, I was so embarrassed and feeling belittled, and next thing you know I was getting ready to knock her out?!?! Talk about mood swings!! (I'm totally not that kind of person) but pregnancy somehow brings out the best and the worst of us (not necessarily in that order)and a lot times one follows the other inside of minutes! ;) Which sometimes makes us look/feel crazy;)
    I think you are doing great!

    Thank you for posting and keeping us updated. ;) Love reading your blog. Happy 4 mo baby!!

    ReplyDelete