Tuesday, March 1, 2011

lemon sized bebe equals 14 weeks

I am 14 weeks baking! Our little bambino is the size of a lemon and about 3 ½ inches long. Since officially entering the second trimester, I am already feeling more energized and wake up perkier than Wes. Now if you knew how chipper my sweet Hubby was in the morning, than you would be VERY proud of me-the deep cave, sloth hibernation sleeper. I LOVE my sleep, and so now that I don’t cry when I hear the alarm in the morning, we have enjoyed some nice brisk morning walks. They wake us both up and seem to jump start our day with a healthy dose of endorphins, which we could all use a bit more of. J

My stats:
Cravings: I have to admit fast food looks soooo appealing, although I have resisted about 84% of the time. Seeing as my Mama ate big Macs with me when she was pregnant, I figure I am prone to wander J

Clothing: Still wearing the same clothes but feeling the tug. Normally my poochy mid-section causes me mild to strong irritation depending on what I’m doing and wearing. I am trying to tame my whiplash mood swings when I feel my pants, etc. dig in..I just try to smile and know that little bebe needs some more room.

Funnies: Wes and I stopped in to the café my sister works at to say hello over the weekend. She works with a nice young man that asked my sis after we left if I was trying to get pregnant since I was carrying more weight in my stomach. My sister laughed and said, “doofus, she is 3 ½ months pregnant!”. Actually she didn’t say doofus, but that’s how I like to imagine the story. When my sister, Jodie, told us what he asked, Wes was like, “So when you are trying to get pregnant, it helps if you put on faith baby weight just to make sure the babe knows where to go?!” We now joke that if you are trying to get pregnant, its good to put on some weight in your stomach so people start thinking you want to have a baby..NOT! Anyway, I am starting to show, and I look forward to it being a bit more obvious.

Anyway, that is a bit of an update of our journey thus far. I hope your Tuesday has gone fabulously well and that you find yourself in the middle of a pleasantly peaceful week.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Jo! I love your blog, it's super cute. And I love your little lemon-sized baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baby-updates! So exciting. Definitely more exciting when people can't mistake that you're pregnant =) Keep enjoying every minute.

    ReplyDelete